The Work Of The Holy Spirit
• The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, he reveals righteousness and pronounces judgment. (John 16:8). The power of the Holy Spirit overcomes the deceitfulness, and blindness of the sinful heart and make a man realize the greatness of his own iniquity.
• The Sin that the Holy Spirit convicts is not drunkenness, stealing, or adultery. The conscience will convict a man that such things are wrong, but the Holy Spirit convicts of a sin of which conscience would never convict him, the sin of unbelief.
• The Holy Spirit causes the word of God to penetrate the spirit of man so, that he confesses his need for a deliverer.
Work Of The Holy Spirit Through Humanity
• The Holy Spirit worked through Peter as he preached on the Day of Pentecost. Peter’s message was the work Holy Spirit because he referenced the prophetic book of Joel.
• Joel prophesied that the Holy Spirit would come upon and operated in humanity the last day.
• The Holy Spirit upon the yielding vessel in the Old Testament.
The Work of the Holy Spirit Through Humanity
• The gospel of Luke records a message of Jesus in the temple.
• Luke 4:18-19
- 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
- 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
• KJV •
The Work of the Holy Spirit Through humanity
• Jesus refers to the widow of Zarephath in the Gospel of Luke. He focus the difference between the widow of the gentiles and widows of Israel. The woman of Zarephath recognized the work of the Holy Spirit and obeyed.
• Your expectation is linked to what you have heard in your spirit. The widow of Zarephath had an expected outcome and understood that Elijah was part of the outcome.
The Work of the Holy Spirit through humanity
• The Holy Spirit works to keep what Jesus has purchased sealed until the Day of Redemption.
• The Holy Spirit helps us to have victory over the flesh.
• Galatians 4:29-30
- 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
- 30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.